Monday, June 24, 2013

Eat. Sleep. Pray

The last few weeks have been absolutely mad. I have been in 3 states, started a new job, and found myself dreaming bigger than I ever have. The Lord has been testing my endurance, and as promised in James 1, it has been growing. I have been finding joy in every sleepless moment, as I do ministry with my friends. I am learning loads practically in ministry and as a result I continually find myself amazed at how little I actually know. 

Training and Camp 1
We are in week three of NTS now. Our first week was an awesome time spent training and building team bonds. We had a day away in Ft. Wayne, played volleyball, had amazing times of worship, and designed/built our summer set. Last week was our first NTS camp. If I could sum up the first week I would have to say pressure. It was madness trying to learn a new program on the fly. Not to mention it was the program that half of our services relied on. After day 3 I began to get a hang of it, and I am learning the basic things I need to do to survive life under pressure. Eat. Sleep. Workout. Spend time with the Lord. Life is a lot more basic than one can imagine. Oh and sometimes you have to go to the bathroom. Our last camp ended on Thursday. We finished loading our trailer at 2am on Friday morning. The week was crazy. We saw well over 100 kids come to the Lord, and many more grew closer to God as a result of the love of God shown through committed leadership.

Michigan 

After a good sleep Friday morning
a group of 12 of my friends went up to Benton Harbor, Michigan to visit a ministry put on by Overflow Church, called the Untitled Lounge. This was absolutely an amazing experience. This ministry was a ministry focused on a number of different things from empowering artistic exploration to racial reconciliatioin. This struck a chord in my heart as well as much of the team that traveled up with us. This ministry team included members of our new artistic intentional community and band called the Meek. You can see a recap video by Christian Barreno. More information will becoming as this idea develops and God grows our dream. 




This week we are at Olivet Nazarene University. At the moment we are set up and 30 minutes from opening doors. Until next time stay sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment